Welsh Vanners - Side windows
[Back]
URL: http://www.welsh-vanners.co.uk/forum/thread.php?id=60

Side windows
Posted by Ange on Mon 17 Jan 2011 @ 19:41.

I'm wondering what sort of cost would be involved in getting side windows put into my van?

Just one each side on the sliding doors....maybe the plastic sort that are in caravans...

Any ideas or best ways to go with it?....bearing in mind that I can no longer do the work myself....

Ang x

Posted by scottish-vanners on Mon 17 Jan 2011 @ 20:17.

depending on were you source the windows, and who will fit them,
it would really need to go to a garage unless its some one expierienced in
chopping holes in vans, so your talking probably £40 ph labour but depends on the area, then finding a window that will fit the panel could cost anything from £10-£100 depending on the window, there is bargains on ebay now and again just a wee matter of checking it, but i wouldnt let just anybody do it unless there meticulas in doing it, they cut a inch to big and the panel is screwed and your out of pocket pal :#

Posted by Ange on Mon 17 Jan 2011 @ 20:22.

I was thinking of a guy from Derby that I fetched out to my old van when I couldn't find a leak and I though it was one of the sunroofs leaking....there were 6 on it so it was a difficult job for me to cure it.

He found the leak within minutes and did a really good job of sorting it out...never leaked again ...and he fits sunroofs. He cuts the holes in the roof and fits the sunroof in.

So I'm sort of thinking that he night be persuaded to cut the side panels....cos he would get it exact, and fit the windows.

Probably best to look for a couple of L300 windows, cos the L300 Delica is the same body as my van so the panels and windows would match up.

Ang x

Posted by Mr Grimly on Mon 17 Jan 2011 @ 21:40.

if you can find a mini bus or camper version of your van that has the side windows you need it make life much easier, i don't know if they do factory sliding windows for your van, transits etc were made as mini buses so windows are easy to find;] ;] ;]

Posted by Ange on Thu 20 Jan 2011 @ 20:46.

Someone has mentioned insurance differences....so I might just leave it as is..;]

Ang x

Time in GMT

Homepage ][ Contact Us