Welsh Vanners - I want mine back!!!
[Back]
URL: http://www.welsh-vanners.co.uk/forum/thread.php?id=118

I want mine back!!!
Posted by welshvanners on Fri 17 Jun 2011 @ 19:06.

The Transit is in for repairs and I'm stuck with a Vivaro. What a piece of crap! It's got none of the toys the Tranny has and it's just about got the power to pull the skin off a turd. The 6 speed box has to be worked hard to try and keep up with a snail. I did around 450 miles in it yesterday (the van is up to 2400 miles now) and couldn't get comfortable. I even have to use the handbrake on hills and turn the wipers on myself :B I want my Tranny back!!!!!!

Posted by Ange on Sat 18 Jun 2011 @ 10:06.

When I had my business I had a Transit mini bus and I loved it. Apart from the air seat that I used to have in the truck it was the most comfy thing I have ever driven, and I've had some nice motors in the past.

When my Milo van gets towards the end of his days it will be a Tranny that I look at getting...:)

Ang x

Posted by welshvanners on Sat 18 Jun 2011 @ 14:57.

Current Transits are better equipped than a lot of cars. Mine has electric windows/mirrors, heated screen, bluetooth, air con, hill start assist (holds brakes on for up to 5 seconds on a hill to make hill starts easier) auto wipers, auto lights etc......The drivers seat is adjustable all over the place. If I wasn't married with kids I wouldn't have a car, just a Tranny.

Posted by Ange on Sat 18 Jun 2011 @ 15:36.

Don't you find that you can sit in comfort for a long journey and go further than in other motors without getting an aching back?

Ang x

Posted by welshvanners on Sat 18 Jun 2011 @ 15:41.

In a Transit, yes. In the Vivaro I've got while the Transit is off the road, no no NOOOOOOO. It is soooooo uncomfortable :C

Posted by scottish-vanners on Wed 22 Jun 2011 @ 22:26.

used to get aching back with my old works vivaros,
swap the seat for a transit one and i woulda kept it........... but they bought a mk6 so i stole that one instead ;D

Posted by welshvanners on Thu 23 Jun 2011 @ 15:42.

I've still got the Vivaro. I've done over 1000 miles in the last week (currently stuck in Stockton on Tees) and the van itself is starting to grow on me a bit. The seat certainly isn't. I'll be phoning the office tomorrow to see if they have heard when my Tranny will be back.

Posted by Ange on Thu 23 Jun 2011 @ 20:23.

A Tranny spoils you for comfort doesn't it...:D

I love my little van, but I do miss the tranny seat.
Ang x

Posted by welshvanners on Wed 29 Jun 2011 @ 22:19.

Had a phone call today. My van is ready to be picked up. Pity I'm stuck in Stockton-on-Tees until Friday. Well, at least when I come back up next week it'll be back in my own van.

Time in GMT

Homepage ][ Contact Us